My main source for wisdom and instruction on life will always be God’s Holy Word.
But truly God uses people to write books filled with Holy Spirit revelation based on what He taught them through the Word.
Of course, we must always be like the Bereans with everything we read. Having said that, I do see scriptural basis for the teachings in this book.
Why this book is scriptural
“For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments,” (Exodus 20:5-6).
The term generational curses comes from these verses.
What I have been learning through studying the scriptures is that God’s promises do not come to pass in our lives automatically (in most cases). They must be received and often contended for by faith.
- For example, Jesus died for all to pay for the sins of all, but people are not automatically saved or born-again. Each person must confess Jesus as Lord for oneself in order to benefit from what Jesus already did.
- Or people are not automatically healed from sicknesses and infirmities, they must pray and receive healing by faith, prayers of faith, prayers of faith with the laying of hands, etc. Sometimes, healing comes with one prayer of faith, but more often, it comes when we stand IN FAITH on the promises of God regarding healing and refuse to believe otherwise until healing comes.
- In this same manner, we are not healed and delivered from generational curses automatically. We must pray and receive by faith, Jesus payment on His body for all the curses of the law, in order for them to be broken off our lives and for healing from them to come.
I can give a personal example of how generational curses are VERY real with the curse of fatherlessness in my family’s bloodline
- My mother (around age 10) and her six siblings became fatherless when her father, my grandfather that I never met, abandoned them and his wife for another woman and started a new family.
- My own father abandoned a daughter many years before I was born. At age 17, he got a young woman his age pregnant and a couple years after the child was born, he was willing to disown/denied her as his daughter to the courts because he didn’t want to have to pay child support (which he freely admitted to us). The mother of the child had met another man, and my father was willing to shirk his responsibility of his own child and allow another man to raise her in order to escape any obligations. (Note: My father passed away a few years ago, otherwise, I wouldn’t be writing this).
- My son was born in 2001, and his father/my ex-husband abandoned him when he was a toddler. All child support stopped, etc. He left the country many years ago, and we have no idea if he’s dead or alive. I was not born-again in Christ Jesus until 2002, so I unwisely married a very abusive man who was a serious danger to me and my son.
So, I recommend this book because it has some good teachings and prayers on generational curses and how to break them over your bloodline and why they MUST be broken for certain things to change in our lives and for the sake of our children and their descendants.
You can buy this book by using the link in the image above for using this link: