A STATEMENT OF FAITH REGARDING HEALING
• I take the most simple view (and with pureness of heart) when it comes to healing, and that is I simply take God at His Word in childlike faith. That’s really the sum of it all for me. That could be my entire statement of faith right there.
Some supporting verses I take in pure and simple childlike faith period and amen. Yes, I believe You Father. I believe Your eternal Word IS You, alive, powerful, and a greater reality and truth than what I see:
• James 5:14-16, “Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith WILL SAVE the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And IF he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” The sin thing is an after comment and not related to the healing itself but needed because we need to turn from sins too.
• John 10:10, “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” Love, Jesus
• Isaiah 53:5, “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.” ARE.
• Mark 16:17-18, “And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
• Matthew 8:2-3, “And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I AM WILLING; be cleansed.” Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.”
• 1 John 5:14-15, “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”
• John 14:12, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he WILL SO ALSO; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.”
• 2 Corinthians 5:7, “For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
• Isaiah 35:4-6, “Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear!
Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God;
He will come and save you.” Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb sing. For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert.” JESUS already came! This prophecy is fulfilled.
• 1 John 3:8-9, “He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.” See how INCREDIBLE these verses are here!!! Jesus’ PURPOSE of coming was TO DESTROY the works of the devil. And though we technically ‘sin’ after being born again, Jesus sees us and says, “_____, I don’t see your sin because I am in you.”
• Luke 9:1-2, “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God AND to heal the sick.” (See also Matthew 10:7-8; Luke 10:9) When instructing His disciples, Jesus repeatedly paired the preaching of the gospel for salvation with the healing of the sick].
• Isaiah 61:1-3, The Good News of Salvation, “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” His instructions were and still are for us to carry out in fulfillment of His Word as we are His disciples and are do co-labor with Jesus to do His works in His name.
What I do NOT believe about healing:
• The form that comes from the prosperity gospel that places any sort of blame for the healing not manifesting.
• That people don’t get healed because they don’t have enough faith or because they or their child have sinned, and there must ‘still an open door’ in one’s life giving the enemy legal rights to attack and keep the sickness there.
What I also believe:
• We live in a fallen world with an enemy who still has power though and that he’s the one who comes to steal kill and destroy and that all sickness and disease is of the enemy (John 10:10) and because all sin brings death even the innocent can fall victim and, in its cross hairs or path or circle of destruction, (e.g. Sin of greed = toxins in the world, vaccines with heavy metals and aborted fetal cells taken unknowingly and children, etc. get sick). Unfortunately, we don’t live in a bubble and other people’s sin affects us as a course of living in this fallen, sin-filled world.
• We are at war, and we can be doing all the right things (our best) and the enemy will attack us and our kids. “
• That I will never understand His timing of things while on the earth but I trust Him.
• He will use what the enemy meant for evil for our good and the good of others.
• What has happened to my son (vaccine injuries resulting in being afflicted with autism, PANDAS a terrible neuroimmune disorder) only put a fire in me to seek the Lord more, pray and fast more, have more fire, more righteous anger about the works of the devil and seeing God’s kingdom manifest more and more on the earth (healing, miracles, in His name and for His glory) by the prayers and full submission and surrender to God in childlike faith of His people.
Healing and Faith
What I have come to believe faith is from the Word….
The simple act of to whom you turn to Jesus.
Whom you are asking knowing He is Savior.
Whom you are professing and demonstrating trust in by simply asking Him. Thus declaring an at least mustard-size faith because it is declaring Him as the One to turn to, declaring Him able, and as God. The asking Him is the faith.
Why I believe this?
From many of the healing accounts in the gospel. Especially, in Mark 9:24-26, “Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!” Then the spirit cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him.”
God is so good He helps us with our faith too! That’s how much He longs for us to take Him at His Word. How He loves when we look to Him and depend on Him as Father.
Also, from listening to many healing testimonies and the many, many ways people get healed – all up to the Lord as to how. Many get healed in church services by just being there. Or during worship without being prayed for. While being baptized, etc etc etc.
Some healed have said they didn’t even have faith and God did it anyway. BUT they demonstrated they were turning to Him by showing up at the service and LOOKING to Him and ‘seeking’ Him. And He rewards those who seek Him. BAM! Faith connection.
Pastors have even prayed for people and said they and the person needing healing really didn’t have faith to heal X but prayed anyway and God did it. God healed the person because what they did demonstrate is that He is God. He is the Healer, the One to ask, the One who can, the One who is God through the simple asking of HIM. That is faith.
Jesus said in John 5:14, “Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.” Sin can invite attack of the enemy but is NOT the reason many of our kids are afflicted with autism, etc. (e.g. The free will choice of fornication by a believer can bring an STD. God didn’t tell someone to fornicate. It’s outside of His will, but He is so good if we repent, we can be totally healed and restored after a season of consequences – up to Him how that will be).
I prayerfully wrote this after 100s of our of seeking the Lord in His Word, through prayer and intercession, and praying in the Spirit. As I continue to pray and seek Him, I will add to this as I’m led by the Holy Spirit.