“Blessed be the LORD my strength which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to make war,” [Psalm 144:1] through prayer and worship.
Many years ago the Lord gave me a word that I would write for Him. It’s been sixteen years since He spoke that to me.
June of this year, I fasted and prayed for twenty-one days for guidance, wisdom, and healing for my child and other children suffering from autism, PANS / PANDAS, and other neuroimmune disorders. As a result, He put a new fire in me to fervently pray and not give up for the healing of my son and the other children I am praying for. A won’t let go until I see His kingdom come, His will be done on earth as it is in heaven for souls, healing, His church.
Another outcome of the fast was Him resurrecting a dreamed that seemed deader than dead to me…
Recently He used a teenage grocery bag clerk to speak to me.
He said simply, “What do you do?”
“I am a teacher. I teach English to the most adorable students in China,” I said.
“Oh, when I saw you, I thought you were a writer,” he said.
Mind blown and choked up, I said, “Well, um, I do write. I mean. I have written.”
“Well, when I saw you I thought you were a writer. You look like a writer.”
I went to my car and wept because I knew the Lord used him (unbeknownst to him) to speak to me, and I knew it was time to write again.
The Lord has put a passion in me to write about…
- Prayer and Intercession
- Bible study (Jesus IS the Word, John 1:1;14)
- Worship and praise (and worship and praise as spiritual warfare)
- Faith and childlike faith
- Spiritual gifts (healing, miracles, praying in the Spirit, dancing in the Spirit, prophetic gifts and words, etc.)
- Defending the weak
- Doing justice on the earth (e.g. activism against abortion and human trafficking, vaccine ingredients, being active in the earth to fight injustice / doing the Word as we pray, etc.)
I had a lot of walking it out to do before I could get here, and this is just the beginning, so with His help every step of the way, I pray I can honor and glorify Him with words.
~ His Warring Handmaid,
Daphne M. Lane